FORMULAE 1: Computer Algebra System for the Teaching and Exploration of Mathematics
Waterloo, Canada - February 16, 1998 - Poliplus Software announces the release of 'Formulae 1' for Windows CE.
'Formulae 1' (F1) is a powerful and easy to use Computer Algebra System (CAS) designed specially for the teaching and exploration of mathematics. Unlike other CASs, F1
gives the user the ability to see the intermediate STEPS taken to solve any problem. Most other CAS's only present a final answer to the user.
Students are NOT interested in validating whether or not Textbook answers are correct. This is what most CASs can do. Students are interested in learning Mathematics and
this is best accomplished with STEPS.
Partial Features of Formulae 1 Windows CE:
- Supports Arithmetic, Polynomials, Matrices, Functions, Algebra, Calculus, Graphing, Finite, Trigonometry, and much more.
- Fast automatic simplification of expressions containing symbols and functions.
- Stepwise simplification allowing intermediate Steps.
- User extendible requiring no programming knowledge.
- Graphical display of expressions with support for special function drawings and the Greek Alphabet.
- Intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI) including a Notebook.
- Requires minimum hardware resources (CPU and memory) and is ROM ready.